Friday, May 22, 2009

I am humbled by the events of the last few weeks. I was nominated for an Outstanding Educator Award by my peers. The banquet was held last night for retirees and to announce the winners. Low and Behold I WON! Being in the spotlight is not something I am incredibly comfortable with. I know I know I am one of the loudest, silliest people around but truly when it comes to my professional accomplishments it is hard for me to hear. I do the things I do as an educator so that my students learn, have fun, and of course appreciate art. When I won this award I truly wished that I could make one for all of my students. They are the ones who push me forward and make me want to be a better educator. This website was mentioned in the speech a colleague made about me last night. I chuckled to myself because I have not updated it in nearly 2 years. Well, here I am to say, I'M BAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

2 Comments:

Blogger Swanson said...

Congratulations. I stumbled on your blog today. From it I can see that you work very hard and are doing a great job with your students. As for not updating your website in 2 years--oh well
It still looks good

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Photography Course said...

Congratulations and Welcome back...:D

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
online college search