Thursday, August 18, 2005

setting up the centers

Well folks I started physically moving things. I set up the room today with the tables in their correct spots for centers. I plan to introduce all of the drawing materials with a folder/portfolio "project" so that thay have somewhere to store their works in progress. I sorted all of the other materials on hand into their respective centers, although right now the materials are on carts. I have a lot of rearranging to do before I can give the items more permanent homes.
If I feel daring I may introduce the 3-d construction center the first day also. My 9 year old son
tested it out today and made a giraffe in a cage, very out of his normal realm of comfort
(with zero prompting from me!). That got me so excited to see what my students will create.
For those of you interested in what I have put at each station I used the following site as a guideline.
http://sugarcreek.newpal.k12.in.us/choice3/centers.htm
I should have some pictures up tomorrow, If I remember the camera.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This link doesn't work anymore. do you happen to have a new one? I am interested in how you set up each station. :)

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
online college search